UX Designer / UX Architect
Emerge Interactive (http://emer.ge) is a digital experience agency looking for an UX Designer / Architect—a creative problem solver, digital enthusiast, and great communicator—to join our team and help shape the future of mobile and web-based interactions. Our creative headquarters are located in the heart of Portland, OR.
The perfect individual for this role will be client-facing and able to assist with and lead our UX process — from gathering and analyzing user insights to providing schematic walkthroughs — all to design the best solutions imaginable for our clients.The position is highly collaborative and hands-on. Our close-knit team of designers, writers, developers and producers spend considerable time together with whiteboards and marker pens—we’re looking for the right UX Architect to join us.
As a UX Designer / Architect:
You’re a user advocate at client meetings. Guide discussions, conduct efficient UX work sessions with clients, and present UX designs.
Assist with user interviews to create needs assessments and define user personas.
Conduct digital property assessments and provide recommendations.
Analyze navigation patterns and metrics to understand user behavior and prioritize information.
Assess content and recommend information hierarchy and structural prioritization, and create content matrix frameworks.
Conduct collaborative concepting sessions with the Emerge design and development teams.
Design and develop user scenarios, task flows and grids, interaction maps, sitemaps, and experience diagrams (wireframes and schematics).
Assist with creation of client-facing presentation documentation and detailed technical documentation (UX decks, technical specifications including documentation of key states such as rollovers, page transitions, error handling, etc.).
Deliver UX solutions for multiple concurrent client projects ranging from mobile applications to CMS-based websites, custom business systems & tools, and microsites.
Keep projects on track and meet deadlines.
Pioneer new techniques for UX development, presentation and user testing.
Share your findings with the creative and technical directors and work together to create unified solutions that best serve the user and client needs alike.
- Be a team player. We don’t have room for egos. We will make digital experiences better for all users, together.
- 3-5 years of UX design experience with similar responsibilities in an agency or software development environment
- Strong problem solving abilities and an innovative UX philosophy
- An understanding of UI design best practices
- Friendly and engaging interpersonal skills for client worksessions and user interviews
- Excellent client presentation, communication, and writing skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Professional experience developing UX and assisting with technical documentation
- Portfolio of projects showing Web, iOS/Android design solutions, responsive design, and a range of documentation samples from personas to task flows
- Knowledge of common analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Solid understanding of HTML5, iOS, Android platform limitations and opportunities (but you don’t need to be a developer)
- Professional experience with UX prototyping & wireframing software such as Axure RP. An understanding of Sketch, Adobe CS, Google Apps, and Marvel/InVision is preferable
- Behavioral Design Pattern knowledge a plus but not required
- Visual Design experience a plus, but not required
What you would receive:
- A great opportunity to assist in shaping and evolving the EMERGE UX design practice
- Work in a great office in the West End – right on the streetcar line (http://www.emergeinteractive.com/insights/detail/our-new-portland-creative-office)
- A relaxed, fun working environment
- Employer paid health care benefit, retirement benefits, public transportation stipend
- Submit your resume at http://careers.emergeinteractive.com/
- Include a portfolio of relevant work
- Answer these two questions in the application:
- In your opinion, what makes a great user experience?
- Who has recently developed a phenomenal website or other digital property? What makes it great?
- Position is available immediately
- Salary DOE
- Location: Portland, OR